Thursday, May 20, 2010

The woods



Now that the night begins, there's
Something you're not telling me.
I speak of foolish things
Like lyrical evocations or
the very sense of kitchen at 4 a.m.
Here's my tongue for a word
Skin me. Get rid of the fur.
Watch the juices gush, the body drain
to the center of the flesh eating earth.
Obscure oracles came to me, three.
You know the story by heart, remind me
Double, double, toil and trouble.
Your grey pants too tight and your hip
down in the lake of my favorite question
I am called sleep, hesitation and so on
down your throat as your hands fumble.
Tell me off in your silent speech
a coward covered in hair, whatever
splits or breaks like glass infected pathos
torn between the clock and the bed
between waking and sleep. My clock, your bed.




No comments: